Modern Security For The Home
Posted on 20th May 2021 by Wilson Alarms
Advances in technology mean it’s easier than ever to protect your property and enjoy the peace of mind that your home is secure. Let’s explore the benefits of three of the most popular security solutions for homeowners.
Once used primarily by retailers and other business owners, CCTV has grown in popularity with homeowners to become a common security feature for residential properties.
The benefits of CCTV include;
- Systems can be tailored to your individual property, budget and requirements, providing you with a security solution that’s customised for your needs.
- CCTV is a great visual deterrent to potential criminals and instantly shows that your property is protected.
- Modern CCTV systems can be monitored and controlled remotely via computer, tablet or mobile phone, enabling you to keep a close eye on your home at work, on holiday or when out and about.
- Having CCTV in place could potentially reduce your home insurance premium, saving you money.
Modern alarm systems are designed to be user-friendly and can be used in conjunction with CCTV to enable you to check on your property remotely when the alarm sounds.
Advantages of having an alarm system in place include;
- An alarm box visible on the exterior of your home will make potential intruders think twice about targeting your property.
- An alarm system will provide the reassurance that your property is protected, both while you sleep and when your home is unoccupied.
- Many modern alarms are wireless, making them easier to install.
- Smart technology enables many new alarms to be controlled remotely, so you’ll be alerted when your alarm is triggered, wherever you are in the world.
- In addition to PIR alarms that can detect motion, open/close sensors can be used on windows and doors to trigger an alarm when a window or door is opened. This can also provide peace of mind to parents with young children.
As much as you’d like to be able to keep a close eye on your home at all times, sometimes it’s just not possible. That’s where 24 hour monitoring can help.
Benefits of remote monitoring include;
- Your property can be monitored and protected around the clock, so you can feel confident that your home is in safe hands 24 hours a day – whether you are at home or out and about.
- Surveillance monitors are linked to the police, a keyholder, security company or one of our engineers, enabling a fast response should an incident occur.
- You can enjoy an evening out, take a weekend away or escape on holiday without worrying about your home, safe in the knowledge that it’s being closely monitored.
- 24-hour monitoring can also cover your fire alarm system, ensuring that in the event of fire, the fire brigade are alerted as quickly as possible, even when you’re away.
Get in touch with Wilson Alarms to find out more about the modern security solutions we can provide to protect your home and ensure your peace of mind.