Why Invest in Access Control Systems For Your Business
Posted on 4th October 2022 by Wilson Alarms
Commercial premises are often home to expensive technology, sensitive paperwork, and valuable equipment that are essential to the successful running of a business. An access control system provides a reliable way to manage who has access to an office or other site and will secure the entrance and exit points of a building to protect your business and its assets.
Types of Access Control System
- Proximity access control – A proximity reader is fitted to the doorway. A token, card, or fob is presented to the reader to allow access to the building.
- Smart card technology – A card reader is installed which can then be used to swipe a card for entry.
- Keypad lock – A unique passcode number is used to access the premises.
- Biometric reading devices – A biometric reader allows users to access a building by presenting their fingerprint, which is pre-authorised for entry.
- Video entry – A video intercom system enables security staff or building managers to verify the identity of those entering the building before allowing access.
Benefits of Door Entry Control
1. Easier Building Access
Door entry systems make it simple for authorised personnel to enter a building without needing to interact with a member of staff, like a receptionist. This allows for more efficient entry and exit during busy periods of the day.
2. Increased Overall Safety
As well as preventing unauthorised visitors from accessing a building, access control can be used to secure specific areas of a site which are not suitable for general access. This can include areas that are off limits for health and safety reasons, or individual offices.
3. No More Keys
Keys are easy to lose, fiddly to use, and can be tricky to keep track of as staff come and go from a company. Access control systems can be easily operated using a fob, card, or fingerprint, and tokens can be wiped from the system when people leave the business to prevent unauthorised access in future. Meanwhile, a keypad lock needs no accessories that can be misplaced and the code can be changed regularly if required.
4. Reduced Insurance Premiums
Implementing additional security measures like installing an access control system could reduce insurance premiums for your business by increasing protection for your building and its contents.
5. Less Energy Wastage
Access control systems make it more difficult for doors to be left open for long periods, which means heat won’t be lost from your building, resulting in less energy wastage.
Enquire About Protecting Your Premises
Wilson Alarms have helped hundreds of businesses protect their premises in Leicestershire and beyond. To find out more or get a quote for a new access control system, call 0116 245 3030 or complete our contact form to get in touch.